Wednesday, November 14, 2012

would you look at that, another rant about work..

Today i had enough. My lead tech put the schedule out for this week and next. I could not find one single day out of the next two weeks where i have a shift to look forward to (by that i mean, i get out early, its a short day, anything to get me through). I approached her and said, "I have a bone to pick with you." I tried to be as nice and repectful as possible but i have a feeling it didnt turn out the way, maybe around the time i said, "I've hated every schedule you have given me since you started here," might not have been the right thing to say...

but really, it's true. i told her a few months ago that she should put me on nights for a little while because i really didnt like her version of a morning shift, (10-8 is not a morning shift, just because i get there in the morning does not make it a morning shift) i thought that at least if i said nights, i would have mornings to clean my house or make doctors appoinments or fucking finally get motivated to go to the gym. According to my lead tech a night shift is 12-10. Now fuck me. I have approached her about my schedule at least 1-2 times a month since she started and nothing ever fucking changes. i get thrown under the bus constantly. I look at everyone elses schedules and they have an easy 9-3, or at least getting out at four shift, 2-3 times a week. I do not. ever. And that to me, i believe, is the reason i have increasingly found it difficult to get through my weeks at cvs or even enjoy my days off from there. Well, at least that has to be one of the big reasons...

tomorrow my store rolls out WeCare, our new computer software program. Oh, it feels like just yesturday when we rolled out RxConnect. The only thing is, they gave us a few computer modules to do and didn't send us to other stores, so pretty much 90% of my store has absolutly no idea what they are doing, myself included. So tomorrow i work 12-8 and when i walk in and put my stuff down i will stop and stand in front of the computer and say, "Ok, how the fuck do i work this thing?" and the best part is all the higher ups will be there (including Addie or as Tom calls her "the amazon woman") and of course my pharmacy manager will be coming in on his day off after working his 14 hour.

not looking forward tomorrow...i just want to his fast forward to nine o'clock friday night when this fucking week is over...

1 comment:

Mary Jo said...

if you ever want me to pick up your shift/part of your shift i can do that for you. I can do earlier days on tuesdays or If you are a 10.. i can come in for the last few hrs of your shifts most nights, exept wednesday ( i have a weekly meeting at my other job. Just lemme know!