Sunday, January 13, 2013

It's really hard having a house and a pinterest account. it makes your house look like shit. I have very limited funds and limited furniture. My bedroom is lime green walls, a bed and an end table. It was driving me crazy, so I wanted to go with some kind of oriental theme. I have tons of cherry blossom lanterns and Buddha stuff, so that's the theme I want to go with. The thing is, I don't use my bedroom for much except sleeping, (i have first floor laundry and bathroom, so I just shower and change in the kitchen and dont even bother bringing my clothes upstairs anymore) but when I have people over I don't even bring them upstairs, unless I want to introduce the guinea pig or show them the office. yesterday, I had enough. So I made a table out of two totes (filled with crap I will never need like a prom dress and my graduation gown) and threw a curtain over it that I don't use. It doesn't change the fact that my walls are ugly as hell but it made me feel just a little bit better.

I was pretty proud of myself today, I was in the mood to shop, so I drove around enfield to various craft stores and five below trying to find a project to work on or something pretty to put up, but even if something caught my eye, I looked at the price tag, assessed the damage it would do to my bank account, and came home with nothing but a couple packs of cigarettes. whatever, it was nice to get out of the house...yesterday was frustrating. Mark and I both had the day off. I cleaned almost all morning and afternoon, he slept until one, sat and played a video game all day, then called people and had them over, not even so much as a hello, and he didn't vacuum like I had asked him to. I didn't know what to do with myself, I got kind of antsy and just paced my house, every so often opening up pinterest to see everything that my house is missing. It wasn't a good feeling, so when he went to the package store I tried to take a bath. The most unrelaxing, frustrating experience. First off, our hot water sucks, so it was cold, also our drain appears to be broken, so I hop in and suddenly the water is getting lower and lower...until...poof, gone. I get out even more angry than when I got in and covered in bubbles. And the best part, as he walks in with his friends, apparently all the water from my bath was on the floor in the basement. so theres yet another issue we need fixed with money we do not have. I don't know why people recommend bubble baths, worst experience ever.

On my way home I stopped by my gym and picked up a class schedule, my goal, hit at least three classes this week after work. I'm thinking yoga and zumba. Something to get me out of the house, get my body moving, this angry mooded lifted, maybe meet some new people and get me feeling better. I go back to work tomorrow, and I have to work with my pharmacist that now hates me because I ratted him out to his boss, i'm not looking forward to it. he will either be passive aggressive, or pull me aside to give me a talking to, both outlooks are not good. the thing is, I really wish it wasn't bothering me so much, I think of him and tense up and I get so frustrated, I woke up at 4 in the morning last night, thought of him, got anxious, and couldn't fall back asleep. This is not good...I'm about to all my psychiatrist and have him write a note that I cant work in that store and need a transfer...yeah...wouldn't that be swell...

1 comment:

Mary Jo said...

5 hours a week......or less