Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Ok, so I normally don't make new years resolutions, for obvious reasons, about 99.9% of people don't stick to them. This year though, I know I really have to, so why not have a jumping off point be the beginning of 2013? The thing is, there is plenty of stuff I've been meaning to do, need to do, but these are huge things...so I will of course state the obvious.

1. I want to work harder on my appearance. Your standard Stina, has about five t-shirts that are in a rotation according to when I get around to doing laundry, you will see me in them consistently and also they aren't flattering and have strings coming off them and holes in unappealing places. Also, I throw my hair into a pony tail (not a nice, flattering one either) and my cheeks glow like Christmas trees. I've come to realize I might have rosacea or some other form of skin condition that would cause my cheeks to glow as if my grandma pinched them so tightly and without mercy. they drive me fucking insane. And to state the even more obvious, I have a beer belly that is getting crazy out of control. So...I've already gone out and bought prosacea for my face, 16 t-shirts for fifty bucks at Kohls (crazy sale, get over there while you can, $20 tops for like 3 bucks, it's a steal), a little bit of exercise (DDR), tapering off the Christmas candy and something I am generally against, but I'm wearing make-up. So there, involved in this one resolution is weight loss, eating better, taking better care of myself and making myself look fab. ta-da!
2. Reading more. I read a lot. like a ridiculous amount but it tapered off a bit at the end of the year after my original kindle broke, but my parents bought me a brand new Kindle fire HD for Christmas so no excuses...although that doesn't help with my next resolution which is...
3. stop spending so much goddamn money! I just bought a house, yet i'm still spending money like I'm living at home with my parents. It ranges from buying a book on my kindle, music on iTunes, random shit for the house....and drum roll....
4. Cigarettes!! god damn it, they need to go!! I can't breathe, i'm wasting money they could be used for a new car or an extravagant vacation or paying my bills on time, I would stop fighting with Mark, I could actually buy nice things for myself instead of going to the dollar bins, I'm out of shape, i'm exhausted...blah blah blah...I already know all this, they need to go because I don't want to be...
5. a smoking bride. My wedding is supposed to be this year and I haven't planned anything so basically I need to get my shit straight and figure out what it is I want. but the more I started thinking about it...the more I don't want a big wedding. Mark and I are starting to consider eloping so we can have a really nice honeymoon, because if we spend all that dough on a big wedding (that will most likely suck) whats left for a honeymoon? I want fucking luxury...I also don't want to throw a party with a bunch of assholes from my life who don't appreciate it.
6. Enter number six. Make new friends. at the end of last year after being pretty much fucked over and verbally abused by the people who used to matter most to me, I decided to say goodbye to those fucks. I get no appreciation from these people, they break my heart everytime I see them, and it's obvious that our friendship means more to me than it does to them. And to top it off, Mark is getting the same shit from his friends. We need new people in our lives...
7. Get a new job! I applied to four different pharmacies yesterday, even stooping as low as to apply at Walgreens. Significant pay cut...but to get me out of that store filled with lazy ass drama fucks, I'll take it.
8. Learn how to relax. I am so uptight, I obsess about fucking everything...I need to learn to fucking chill...without taking Xanax or smoking weed...
9. commit myself to something, and i'm starting to think that should be zumba, twice a week. I am one of those people who can't commit to anything, "Oh yeah, I'll totally help you move" and then avoid my phone all day. "I would love to take that class," or "Yeah, I'll work late on Friday"...post an "I'm sick" status on facebook to get out of anything. I need at least one thing, where when everything else falls apart, I have to do this.
10. build a better relationship with Mark. I'm marrying him and since we moved into his parents house, things have been rocky. A lot has happened and if I want our marriage to be my only one, we need to work thorough some shit.

3 comments:

Mary Jo said...

Good luck stina!! I know you can do it!!!

You could come workout with me at Golds!! it's $10 a month right now!! I might have a few weeks free passes too! I'll look.
If you do have a wedding and want to save some money, I can do the photography for you! I'll even do it free as a gift for you ( it may not be the MOST professional photographs ever, but i'm pretty decent lol)

And last shameless plug EVER... you should come find out about my job. It's so much more supportive then CVS... Plus, there is a contest for a trip to ITALY this year!!!!!!! :-D I have a $300 check waiting for me for a 90 minute appointment. I think you'd like it.

And last but not least, I'm sure you will find some good people in your life, because you are a good person, and don't let those folks drag you down, People fail you sometimes, but for every person you lose, you'll find 2 more if you remain true to yourself!!!

Happy New Year Chicckie!

streetlite_babe said...

Im still a member at golds, or should I say planet fitness. We should go to zumba together, im so not prepared for the whole forcing myself to go and run on the elliptical and lift weights thing. As for the other job, i'm beginning to consider, at least if I find a new job that pays less than cvs. You'll have to swing by my house one night and we'll discuss it over cocktails.

Mary Jo said...

definitely!!! I really really think you would like it. The people are soooo WONDERFUL.. Nothing like CVS. I mean to start, you could do it while at CVS, ( see if you like it before you quit) i'm gonna be away with them at a work conference tomorrow and saturday, but maybe next week we could get together? ( the week after that school starts and things get a little crazy)
hit me up!